CommitmentWe are dedicated to meeting the needs of the communities we serve. We will
- Support the mission and vision of the Institute.
- Focus on student and stakeholder needs.
- Respond to the changing needs of our communities in a timely manner.
- Continuously evaluate and improve programs, services, systems, and policies.
RespectWe recognize the expertise of all members of the Institute community and encourage individual contribution. We will
- Include stakeholders in the decisions that affect them.
- Treat people with dignity and encourage feelings of self-worth.
- Promote trust through professional courtesy and fair treatment.
- Recognize and support employee and student contributions.
ExcellenceWe strive to develop and pursue higher standards. We will
- Exhibit quality in staffing, facilities, programs, and services.
- Promote continuous improvement.
- Anticipate needs and respond accordingly.
- Encourage creativity, innovation, and risk-taking.
- Utilize systems that promote student and employee success.
- Exceed student and stakeholder expectations.
- Encourage decision-making at the level of implementation.
- Encourage interdepartmental collaboration.
- View setbacks as learning experiences.
AccountabilityWe assume and demonstrate responsibility for our actions. We will
- Take responsibility for personal and professional growth and development.
- Continuously evaluate and improve our systems and policies.
- Establish and communicate clearly defined and articulated goals and objectives.
- Ensure our work adds value to the Institute and District.
- Demonstrate fiscal and social responsibility.
DiversityWe believe that our similarities and differences are opportunities for establishing a common bond and strengthening the Institute. We will
- Ensure fair and equal access for all.
- Recognize, appreciate, and celebrate the strength of diversity.
- Provide educational experiences that promote a greater appreciation for diversity.
- Implement learning activities that integrate diversity topics in the classroom.
- Seek and consider multiple points of view.