Institute of Management Research and Development had an informal Alumni Association which was working effectively since 1999. Due to the excellent rapport shared by our faculties with alumni we are able to make a strong bonding and network between alumni and institute. Many of them are willing to 'Give-Back' to their alma-mater as a sign of their gratitude and affinity towards the institution in the format of their knowledge and skills that they have learned in this huge IT world.
This informal Alumni Association with the different suggestions by alumni has transformed to formal registered Alumni Association in the year 2017 with registration no: Dhule/0000037/2018 via the Act 1860(XXI of 1860).The main objectives of this official Alumni Association are to:
- Create a strong network between Alumni and Institute.
- Create a strong network for Alumni progression as well as student’s progression.
- To promote a sustained sense of belonging to the Alma Mater among the Alumni by being in regular contact with them.
- To provide a forum for the Alumni for exchange of ideas on academic, cultural and social issues by organizing and coordinating reunion activities of the Alumni.
- Maintaining the updated and current information of all Alumni.
With these objectives, we are sure that we can increase strong bonding among alumni and Institute. Many of our Alumni occupied prominent positions in different sectors like in Banking, Finance, IT, Teaching, Entrepreneur etc. Institute is having a track record of outstanding performances of its pass-outs in different spheres. Many of them are occupying key positions in many private and public sector undertakings in India and abroad and have brought laurels to the institute. Most of alumni always contributed their knowledge and helped to institute in different way:
Placements - The alumni network of a institute is one of the biggest sources for placement. Alumni always help to place their juniors at their respective organizations.
Mentorship - Our alumni always play an active role in voluntary programmes like mentoring students in their areas of expertise.
Career Guidance - alumni is a huge talent pool whose guidance can be beneficial to many students and other fellow-alumni in their respective areas of study.
Networking Platform - alumni network by itself is one of the best professional networking platforms available today in institute.
E-bulletin: - Institute is publishing its quarterly E-bulletin (Newsletter) which includes all the events happened in institute. This newsletter is always shared with all the alumni through which institute always get to know their feedbacks and suggestions about the activities conducted in institute. With the changing scenario IMRD also adopted latest technology and connected various alumni via different whatsapp groups, social websites like facebook, LinkedIn. Total 700 + alumni are connected via whatsapp group. More than 2200 plus alumni are connected via facebook and LinkedIn.
The alumni of Institute is guiding and nurturing our students to become more technical for IT industry. It is our plan to develop everlasting relations with our alumni which in turn will give rise to mutual benefits.Roles & Responsibility:
- Making a Strong network between Alumni and Institute
- Organizing - Annual Alumni Meet
- Organizing and Participation in Induction Session during -Orientation Program of first year students.
- Maintaining and updating alumni database.
- Mentorship Programme by alumni for their juniors.
- Organizing ‘Alum talks’ regularly.
- Updating various events organized in IMRD on Social Media to reach out to Alumni
- Maintaining IMRD’s alumni database via LinkedIn account, whatsapp and facebook.
- A Strong Network of Alumni.
- Alumni career services.
- This membership will provide a social platform.
- This will helps to keep in touch with your classmates, faculties and current batch of students.
- This association will help and support needy and bright students.
- The funds raised by alumni association members will help to increase our strategic initiatives of engaging alumni, creating tangible events and programs.
- Scholarships to the needy, scholar and brighter students.
- Automation or up-gradation in technology.
- Modernization in technology which will help for students as well faculty progression.
As per discussion with a core team member of Alumni Association we have categorized these memberships as below
- 1 Year Membership 200/- Rs
- 3 Year Membership 500/- Rs
- Life time Membership 5000/-Rs